If you’re looking for a plumber in Bury St Edmunds, you might require boiler maintenance or need to fix a plumbing issue before the Christmas festivities begin.
With the colder weather setting in, you need to think about servicing your boiler to ensure it’s in good shape to cope with the extra use over the winter period.
Typical plumbing related call-outs in Bury St Edmunds include:
- Cold radiators
- Black, sooty marks or stains appear on or around the boiler
- Pilot light keeps going out
Here are my top five tips to getting boiler ready this winter
- Keep it clean – dirty boilers are inefficient and can drive your energy bill up.
- Bleed your radiators – trapped air in your rads means your central heating system isn’t working efficiently and it can take longer to warm up your room.
- Check the pressure – correct boiler pressure keeps the water flowing effectively around your home.
- Double check when your boiler was last serviced – can’t hurt! You don’t want to be left in the lurch with your insurance company with an out-of-date service record.
- Inspect the pipework – visually look at your boiler and surrounding pipework to check nothing is hanging, dripping, or making a noise.
If in doubt, please get in touch to arrange a maintenance check-up.
If you’re looking for a plumber in Bury St Edmunds please contact Power Plumbing & Heating to see how we can help you.